Fall 2013 Show Title: The Wizard of Oz
Dorothy has been spun to the magical land of Oz. Witches, monkeys, Munchkins, and Winkies! A Tin Man, Scarecrow and Lion! So many mysterious characters! Dorothy tries to help as many as she can as she journeys to the Emerald City. Will the Wizard there know how to send her home?
Platinum Players, our flagship performing arts program, is an invite-only or audition-only group that heads a dazzling show for the entire community!
Twice yearly, students from within our performing arts programs have the chance to be invited into this exclusive group. Rehearsing in LINX's Black Box Theater, the troupe continually strives to 'wow' audiences with a final LINX Ensemble Cast performance on the Big Stage complete with full theatrical lighting, costumes, set, stage props and special effects.
The Platinum Players program is for performers in 4th - 8th grade. Combining once a month with players in Center Stage and Spotlight theater, they develop skills in mentoring and leadership.
If your child has a great deal of experience and has proven to be very talented, please read about our upcoming Theater Auditions.
- Provides professional-style instruction to young performers
- Teaches students to be "thinking actors"
- Teaches nuances (ie. use of silence, voice tone, subtle expression) to convey character and situation
- Provides confidence to performer by showing they are exceptional in their creativity
- Teaches skills that get performers noticed by directors in High School, College and beyond.
Platinum Players, Center Stage & Spotlighters Unite! With so many fantastic players in our theater programs, these three classes will join forces to perform our final show on the big stage!
- Each class rehearses respective roles and parts of the show during scheduled weekly class times.
- All students in Platinum Players, Center Stage and Spotlight Theater are assigned to a COLOR GROUP* (Blue, Green, or Red).
- Each COLOR GROUP meets once per month for an Ensemble Rehearsal.
- On performance day, each COLOR GROUP puts on a final show!
*COLOR GROUPS are simply a way for us to group actors together for rehearsals and performances. When you register, choose the COLOR GROUP that works best with your schedule!
Advanced Vocal & Dance Training
As our performers grow and progress, we continue to help develop their skills and provide them the tools needed to succeed while being challenged. Spotlighters, Center Stagers and Platinum Players can now add on:
Members who enroll in the Showcase classes are featured in vocal and dance numbers during the final show on the Big Stage! Add both to your regular class and your performer is training to be what the industry calls 'a triple threat': the much sought after actor/singer/dancer extraordinaire. Nothing assures them big roles in High School, College and beyond more than this - and what a boost to their self-confidence! In traditional LINX Theater style, scripts are adapted by our theater director accordingly so that all players in a troupe receive equal stage time and lines.